Digital Strategy Intern
Kings Playhouse is a community based, non-profit organization located in historic Georgetown PEI.
Our vision is to be the most vibrant and inclusive arts centre in the region and our mission is to provide access to outstanding arts and culture entertainment and experiences of community connection in Eastern PEI.
Kings Playhouse presents live theatre, music, contemporary dance and children’s programming, houses a vibrant gallery space and spacious community hall and produces engaging community outreach programming year-round.
Position Title: Digital Strategy Intern
Type: 26 week contract (with potential to extend)
Combination of in-person/remote work
Salary: $16/hour based on a 40 hour week
Application Deadline: 26 September 2022
Web Site: www.kingsplayhouse.com
Kings Playhouse is seeking a contract employee to administer our social media accounts and digital presence.
The position will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers.
The position would manage the Kings Playhouse’s image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing and community engagement goals.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with organizational mandate/goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Develop and implement strategies for accessibility across platforms
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other organizations to support community development
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog/website layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop organizational awareness
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Create and oversee new digital strategies to support the organization’s community engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for arts, culture and community
- Interest/experience in the creative arts
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
This position is funded through the SkillsPEI Digital Skills for Youth program.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the time of the internship
- have recently completed post-secondary studies, meaning a degree or diploma program from a recognized institution
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status
Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com