The Quick Draw Competition is a plein air painting competition, exhibit, and sale that is open to anyone who wishes to participate.
Artists register, have their canvas/paper stamped at the indicated time and they are given 2 hours to paint.
After the paint out, an exhibit is held at Kings Playhouse and paintings are exhibited and judged on the easels on which they were created.
Judge: Jessica Sheppard
Jessica is the art teacher at Colonel Gray Highschool in Charlottetown.
Originally from New Brunswick, Jessica is a graduate of the Mount Allison University Fine Art Program.
Until noon: Pre-registration & Stamping of Canvas/Paper
12:30pm: Painting begins
2:30pm: Painting ends
3pm: Paintings must be delivered to Kings Playhouse for judging
4pm: Prizes awarded
- $15 fee to enter. Unless you are in the Georgetown Plein Air Days. Participants do not pay the additional fee.
- Timeline is strict–two hours of painting only
- Location: BOUNDARIES: The geographic boundaries of the Quick Draw Competition are:
- Only paintings on canvas or paper accepted in the Quick Draw
- Can be matted or framed but stamp must be visible to the judge
- Please place registration sticker on the front of the finished piece showing the name of the artist?
- No contact with the judge may be made before, during or after. All decisions are final.
- Prizes are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Ribbons awarded
- Art can be for sale but only the art produced that day.